“The world is in lockdown, but as an essential service we’re here to help,” say the team at Global Veterinary Services in Gordonton.
“We want you to know we are open, and will remain open for farm and essential or urgent companion animal work. If you or your animals need assistance please call us as you normally would.”
GVS will continue to work on farms, in clinic and the community to provide services important for the ongoing health and welfare of animals.
“If you or a family member is unwell or been out of the country recently, please let us know when you ring. It’s essential we minimise the risk to everyone. If you call ahead you can collect products and supplies from the clinic.
“However, we understand that during lockdown you may want to stay at home. We are able to have products delivered to your farm, home or a collection point of your choice.”
“It is important to continue preventative measures against disease on your farm
- If due for drenching, please do so as the long dry patch followed by this rain, means worm burden is likely to be high.
- It is highly recommended that you continuing to treat animals with zinc to protect against facial eczema.
Farmers and life-style blockers
- Our vets can meet healthy clients on-farm but will maintain a safe distance of at least 2m apart as per government guidelines.
- Alternatively, let us know where the animal(s) are so the vet can come and examine them without assistance, the vet can than call you to discuss the case over the phone. Our staff are following a high standard of biosecurity.
- We have physical distancing protocols in place for our technicians to ensure we can deliver dry cow and teat sealant services safely.
Please book in your Milk Quality Consult if you have not already done it. These will be done by phone or video as an alternative to a face-to-face meeting.
“We will get through this, take care of each other, our thoughts are with you.”
Another action shot – Georgie the vet technician is also out and about and getting on with the job.
- Ring Global Veterinary Services on 07 210 4562.